Do you hear that? The moaning sounds of kids everywhere going from “I’m bored!” to “I don’t want to do my homework!” are fast approaching us! That’s right! School is starting back up sooner than later! And why is that summer just flies by faster and faster each year, or is that just me?!
While you’re planning the new, fresh schedules for the school year; you may need a fresh start on your meal planning, yes? eMeals can help you with that! Whether you stay home, work from home, or work out of the home, eMeals makes a meal plan for you with simple, easy to whip up, low costly meals!
And, when you purchase a meal plan, not only will you receive 20% off by using the code SCHOOL; you will also be able to download their Back To School Survival Guide! Which includes:
- 3 power breakfast recipes
- 2 lunch box recipes
- 2 weeknight dinners
- 2 afterschool snacks
- 1 yummy dessert
Here is a peek of one of the recipes that is included in the Back To School Survival Guide.
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup store-bought guacamole
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- ½ cup shredded colby-Jack cheese (or use Cheddar)
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 (5½-oz) bag gluten-free tortilla chips or wholegrain chips
- Combine black beans, lime juice, ground cumin, and 2 to 3 teaspoons water in a medium bowl; mash with a potato masher until almost smooth.
- Layer ¼ cup black bean mixture, 2 tablespoons guacamole, 2 tablespoons sour cream, 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 tablespoons cheese in 4 (1- or 2-cup) plastic containers.
- Top each with ¼ cup tomato and green onions, if desired.
- Serve with chips.
How does that sound? Delightful? I thought so! My family and I have been using eMeals recipes for a couple of months now and I cannot tell you how easy it has made my meal planning for each week!
It’s rally time guys and gals! Get this school year started by impressing your families with good for you meals, snacks and tasty desserts!